Thursday, December 21, 2006

Ene's Scarf

The only reason that made me buying "Scarf Style" is the beautiful shell pattern of Misty Garden, and suprisingly, I found this elegant project in the book!

The elegant style it generates from the way it wears on the shoulder is really apptemting to me...though by the time I decided to knit this scarf, I was almost a new comer to lace shawl.

Pattern: Scarf Style by Pam Allen
Needles: Clover #6 circular needles and a lot of stitch markers!
Yarn: Sipan (2 1/2 balls) brick color
Size: more than 160 cm width. Pretty warm for winter time.

The cast on is a scary process! Can you imagine to knit patterns on 375 stitches without a mistake?! I had been trying three times to get the right patterns coming out and after the trouble cast on, everything went so well indeed!



This is how the pattern looks like while blocking. Actually this scarf is not a difficult one to knit, too, except the cast on part. And the scarf was already taken with me to Korea as a gift to the mother in law of a friend of mine. My friend told me her ML loves the scarf very much, and the color I chose is what she exactly likes. What a good coincident! :)

No comments: