Monday, June 11, 2007

Evie Tank Top


It's my first time to knit with worsted summer cotton yarn and I am happy with the result. The yarn I chose from a local web shop is a strap like summer cotton, with elasticity. I use US#8 circular for a swatch and happily that my gauge is exactly the same as the pattern book.

I casted on 81 stitches and follow exactly with the pattern book for size XS. The pattern is too simple that I had to take a break for a cup of tea or coffe during the knit process or I would fall asleep.

Pattern: Debbie Bliss
TKA#19

Needles:US#8 circular needles


Yarn: 草莓斜紋網紗

It's also my first time doing the short rows following the instructions in English and it's pretty interesting and looks much easier than that of the Japanese one. While doing the Japanese way, there'll be calculations and many things to do, which is quite frustrating to me.


I look good when wear this top tank on me, but...I would not wear it if I am not able to stay in an air-con environment! The weather here is absolutely a sub-tropical type and this top tank suits for early spring or autumn time, what we need here is T-shirts, and sun glasses! :)

No comments: