Monday, November 26, 2007

Shiny White Cardi

I should have done this cardi before my scheduled trip in October, because I wanted to give it as a gift to my ML. But since the trip was canceled, there seems no reason to continue the work...well, the truth was that I was just too lazy actually!

Autumn is past, and having too many half done work is not very comfortable. So I picked up the hook again, and finally finished this on the weekend. :-)

Yarn: from China, called九色鹿. It 's composed of bamboo cotton and silk. A golden colored silk was wrapped together with the white bamboo cotton, it creats a shiny feature and a soft touch , they are actually a big plus to the yarn! Besides, the price is really attempting as well, for one bag(40g per ball, 8 balls packed in one bag)it costs less than NT$1000(US30), compare to those pricy bamboo cotton, 九色鹿is really worth buying.

The only thing that I find no good about this yarn is that its QC process is not very professional cos I found a long hair wrapped together with the yarn, and blue ink identifying the lot number has polutted a small part of the yarn. I can not say anything about it, because no one will expect to pay such low price and receive goodies having strict QC process as what other big brands do...

Tool:Clover crochet hook#4 (JP size)

Pattern: Hand knits for Grandma 2006 Sping & Summer



Three different pattern for the edging, waist and the body. It's an easy cardi to crochet and this is actually my first time to connect the sleeves with the body...and I have done a pretty good job! :-)

the collar shaping...i love the small angle it creats, so elegant!


Sleeve close up...


2 comments:

Pax *knits said...

Ashley, long time to visit your blog.I am in Hong Kong now.
The white cardi is really really nice.I love it.

Ashley said...

Dear Pax,
Welcome back to Asia! :-) I love this cardi as well, but i am still looking for the right buttons for it, hoping i could get them soon...