Thursday, July 19, 2007

My Fifi-progress


view seeing from office window


Summer time is never a cosy season here in Taiwan. Temperature sometimes would rise to over 37 degrees celsius in the midst of Summer, which is indeed quite annoying! What you could do is nothing but stay in an air-con place, it's the only way to successfully get rid of the hot and the humid.



And about my Fifi, so far I am about to start to separate sleeves from the body. I'll have to try it on tonight when I am back home and see if the size fits me.

My weekday knitting time is so little that I could knit only during lunch break between 1 p.m. through 01:30 p.m., and a few hours only in the night...

6 comments:

Pax *knits said...

I will knitting when i back to office after lunch time or my boss went out.Haha....

Anonymous said...

I was reseacing about "French knitting", and I found your blog. You are Taiwanese? Your English is great! I am impressed about your knitting blog and knitting pictures.I want to know about knitting in Taiwan. Lots of people knit? What country style is popular ? I have many question for you. I will be glad if you write about Taiwan knitting. I am Japanese. My mane is Maki.

Ashley said...

Dear Pax,
If I have a cup of coffee in the morning, I could knit after lunch, but without coffee, I definitely need a rest...

I went to the LYS yesterday and I saw everyone there is crocheting a blouse from the latest Phildar crochet magazine, I copied the pattern already and will start right after my Fifi is done... :)

Dear Maki,
Thanks for passing by...the knitting system in Taiwan follows the Japanese NAC system and Clover is the number one brand as well...the tutor in LYS told us yesterday that this year 広瀬san is planning to promote the NAC system all over the US and Europe continents...I am sure this systematic knitting system will be flourishing someday everywhere...

Knitting in Taiwan is not a popular activity actually, people tend to take it as an "old fashioned", "grandma's" activity. But for knitters, knitting is just an irristible everyday errands that they MUST do it, even just a little.

The Japanese people are doing smart business on this actually cos we spend a lot of money buying from JP tools, to JP yarns, to JP books, and we just feel not buying enough... :P

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for your answer! I am living in USA, so I don't know well about knitting in Japan. I think Japanese knitting tools are great. But American pattern book is more pretty. Maybe it's my personal taste.There are many young ladies who knit in NY!!

Do you crochet? In your language, knit and crochet are same word? Which do people in your country do more, knit or crochet?
Maki

Ashley said...

Dear Maki,
Yes, I crochet, and in my language, there are different verbs and adj. describing knit and crochet. And which one's more popular? well...I am not sure, but I see most people who could knit also crochet as well...for me, I love crocheting in suumer and knitting in winter time...

I personally like European yarn better, because it has beautiful sheen and color,but you could hardly get it from here.

And about patterns, I could read English knitting patterns only, for crocheting, I am more used to the Japanese one. Actually, it took me a while to get used to how people interpret knitting instruction by "writing down the actions" in English knitting petterns. Sometimes I preper the Japanese knitting instructions by simplly providing a more systematic drawing and formula... Anyways, I am happy that I could read both English and Japanese knitting instructions and my next step is to figure out the crocheting instructions written in English, there are just tooo many abbreviations that I find myself could hardly memorize all...

And what about you? do you crochet or knit?

Anonymous said...

Dear Ashley,

Thank you for your comment! I knit and crochet. I think there are more knitter than crochetter in USA. I like to knit sweater and something to wear. I like to crochet rug and blanket, for home.
Yesterday, I bought a crochet book "Total crochet". It's easy and pretty book.
My next project is to knit lace shawl for Autum.
Enjoy knitting!!
Maki