For the entire September and October, besides my office job, I've been helping my sister taking care of her new born son-Justin.
The set of baby cardi and the booties are for Justin and the peach colored booties is for Sherie, an old friend of mine. Sherie will have her baby girl delivered before Christmas.
The yarn I used here is all organic yarn manufactured by Hamanaka. The price is a bit higher compares to those of non-organic, but I think it's worth speding the money, not only because I like the soft texture the yarn produces, but also because babies' skin is very sensative and we should always takes very good care when choosing stuff for them.
So why I named it Twinkle Cardi? It's because while knitting, the colorful dots on the yarn will produce a star like shape. I like the way how the dots going along on the cardi, they are like stars twinkling to me.
See Justin's smile? He's such an adorable baby that all my family members love him so much!!!It's actually my first time crochetting baby cardi and I am pretty happy that my first experience goes to Justin.





5 comments:
The baby cardig and bootie are so beautiful. Baby is always adorable and made you feel cheer.
Hello! I just found your blog by Googling "Taipei knitting." Your projects are beautiful, especially your crochet. I'm studying Mandarin in Taipei now and I was wondering if there are any yarn shops that you recommend? I was hoping to find Noro yarns around here, but haven't had any luck. Thanks in advance!
Catherine
Dear handknit168,
thanks for your words,yes, babies are adorable, they are actually angels! :-)
Dear Catherine,
thanks for passing by and welcome to Taiwan! :-) guess you live in Taipei,right? i am not sure about your yarn purchase experience here, but noro yarn is quite unique and not very popular among knitters here in taipei, guess it's because of its higher price compare to those cheaper japanese yarn...
i live in tien-mu, and knitting world(編織世界)is a luxury yarn store where i usually go if i want to buy good yarn. it's next to eslite bookstore (or mitsukoshi department store), there have very good quality japanese and european yarn, but very pricy! the shop owner venessa has a yahoo blog (http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/knit1596/profile), maybe you could leave a message asking about noro yarn before you go.
or you could try to ask the online store-sheep house (http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/sheephouse-sheephouse/profile, the blogger is an experienced knitter and she sells lots of knitting stuff, she definitely could give you good advice.
and there's a good online craft store as well, it's called "diy crafts" (http://www.diy-crafts.com.tw/). you could find bunch of craft stuff there with pretty reasonable price.
so, happy shopping and if there's still questions or anything you want to know, let me know, ok~ :-)
Ashley, I ended up here the same way Catherine did and appreciate your tips on yarn stores. My next question is, so now we know there are at least three knitters here - obviously more if there are yarn stores. What are the chances of starting a local Stitch & Bitch group? I have belonged to two now, one in the US and then one in the Netherlands, and I miss them!
Hi Paula,
My belated new year wish to you and your family! Hoping your first new year in Taipei(I guess?) an interesting and joyful one! :-)
I am sorry that knitting is not in fashion in Taiwan...if you wish to have a knitting group, I'll suggest that you visit a local yarn store and join the knitters there...it's what I am always doing if i need someone who i can talk to when i am knitting... :P
I'll be heading to Korea soon after the lunar year and it's much harder to find a good yarn store or a knitting group here...knitting is a good virtue actually, don't know why asians think it as a 'grandma's old habit'...
Post a Comment